Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Prop Portraits

A new shipment of books that are in the public domain just arrived, so I'll be spending some time scanning and uploading photos that can be re-purposed for prop use. First up are portraits of some German officials from World War I, but you can obviously recycle them as any NPC you want. Just click through for the high-res versions.



Alfred Zimmerman, the German Foreign Minister. I was going to say that his scar makes him look just like a pulp villain, but then I realized that he was probably the inspiration for the classic scarred, aristocratic German/Nazi archetype.



Bethman Hollweg, a member of the German War Board.

One thing I noticed while scanning these photos is that they look better when they aren't converted to true black and white. That's subjective, of course, but I think from now on I'm not going to make any color corrections to the source material. That should produce better results for people that just want quick handouts while allowing folks that are more comfortable with photo manipulation to process images as they see fit.

No comments: