Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Return

This has been in the works for a while, but I didn't want to say anything and jinx it. After eighty years the Miskatonic University expedition has returned to Antarctica.



My sincere thanks to "sandwichgirl" for posting the picture. That's my favorite shot (for purely egotistical reasons), but there are some amazing photographs in her McMurdo gallery. Fans of "At the Mountains of Madness" will find the look inside the preserved hut from the Scott expedition particularly interesting.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Absolutely love this this patch

Chris said...

That is just so immensely cool. Congrats!

Evil Jim said...

Sandwichgirl! I began reading her LiveJournal during her last stint in Antarctica. I contacted her at one point to ask if she had ever read "At the Mountains of Madness" & when she said she hadn't but wanted to, I mailed her my own copy of "The Annotated Lovecraft" to keep & read.