Friday, October 7, 2011

Demon Knight Blood Key

I've never been a fan of the "Tales From the Crypt" franchise, but the spinoff film "Demon Knight" is a great little B-movie. The story is surprisingly inventive, the acting is appropriately hammy, and the film features a wonderful prop, the Blood Key, as a major plot point. It's one of the most interesting occult artifacts ever created. Derek Marsh of Oblivion FX was commissioned to create a reproduction of the Key, and he documented the entire process. The final result is a beautiful piece of work.





6 comments:

aSpiralStepper said...

The blood key has always been one of my favorite occult-prop concepts - especially the fact that it can be refilled, if the blood comes from a suitable source or situation.

Always made me wonder what would happen if 'tainted' blood made it in though - demons and the like. Nothing? Corruption? Dark portals opened up?

Rabba said...

Glad you're happy with the finished piece, Derek absolutely knocked this one out of the park and I'm very proud to finally have the key in my possession.

It looks even more stunning in person, especially when light passes through the blood chamber. :]

Unknown said...

How can I order one?

Unknown said...

How can we order?

Anonymous said...

Member at RPF and looking to commission A Demon key by Derek Marsh member buddy had him make him and it was spot on ,please contact , josephtevere@aol.com

Joe310blk said...

I would like to have commission a demon key by Derek Marsh from OFX ,I'm a member at RPF, joe310blk. Member had one made for him some year's ago and and like his the best please contact me at also josephtevere51@gmail.com or josephtevere@aol.com
Best Joseph T